Company : Boreal Images:Stu Iverson
Medium: Photography, prints, framed prints, cards, custom and Gliclee printing
Address: Pinawa, R0E 1L0
My chosen art form is photography and I shoot mainly nature and scenics in southern Manitoba and surrounding areas. Sometimes my travels take me across Canada or even further to other parts of the world. I especially enjoy historic places and “wild places” where the intrusion of humans is less evident.
I strive for pictures that show an aspect of something that would be only rarely or never visible to the observer. Examples include unusual weather or lighting conditions, motion of clouds or water and photos of live insects and butterflies in the field showing more detail than can be seen with the naked eye.
Taking the photo is only the first part of the creative process. I prefer a natural look in prints and work hard to apply my knowledge and experience to create prints that truly reflect the original scenes. For the last few years I have been creating short runs of giclee prints for other artists and find it very satisfying to produce a print essentially indistinguishable from the original art work.
- 2017 4 prints juried to exhibit, Red River Exhibition, Winnipeg MB
- 2016 5 prints juried to exhibit, Best photo by senior, Red River Exhibition, Winnipeg MB
- 2015 Second in Photography Category, Eastman Judged Art Exhibition, Lac du Bonnet, MB
- 2013 First & Second in Photography Category, Eastman Judged Art Exhibition, Pinawa, MB
Galleries & Memberships
- 2013 to present – Pinawa Art Gallery, Pinawa, MB
- 2013 Northern Places-Greenland, Iceland, Norway Pinawa Art Gallery, Pinawa, MB
- 2013 Rural & Northern Winners Exhibit, Assiniboine Park Gallery, Winnipeg, MB
- 2013 Fine art and nature photography, The sequel, Clemons, PPSOP, Internet
- 2011 Fine art and nature photography, Clemons, PPSOP, Internet
- 2009 The art of printing and selling your photography, English, PPSOP, Internet
- 2008 A Photographers Paradise, Photography and Hiking, Elderhostel, Crowsnest AB
Previous Work History
- 1997-2012 Marketing and strategic direction, Datalink Mapping Technologies, Oakbank, MB
- 1967-1996 Various positions, AECL Research, Pinawa MB
Major Volunteer Contributions
- 1985-1996 Director, Pinawa Economic Development Board
- 1996-2000 Founding Director & First President, Pinawa Community Development Corp.
- 2000-2016 Director Pinawa Community Development Corporation
- 1998-2016 Director & President, W.B. Lewis Inc
- 2009-current Director & President, Pinawa Ironwood Investments Inc.